Upcoming Opportunities to Learn about Self-Compassion!
Hi There…Here’s the latest on what’s happening related to my book coming out very soon. The official release date of my new book, Give Yourself a Break: Turning Your Inner Critic into a Compassionate Friend, is 7/7/15. There are all kinds of things happening I wanted to let you know about!
1. Why Self-Compassion is Soooo Important:
Self-compassion increases resilience and self-worth, aids in stress reduction, and helps us recover from painful experiences.
Lack of self-compassion is linked to depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, lack of resilience, inability to forgive oneself and problems in relationships.
2. Two Upcoming Events at Life Community Church 10020 Foothills Blvd Roseville, CA
* Book Signing & Celebration Party Sunday June 28, 2015 12:30 – 2:00ish
Come and celebrate the pre-release of My New Book
There will be light refreshments, a goody bag, and a way to buy my book at a discounted rate BEFORE the release date of 7/7/15. I would LOVE to have you come! This is open to all…feel free to invite your friend!
* Self-Compassion & Self-Care for Women July 9, 16, and 23, 2015 6:30 – 8 pm
As women we put on so many hats, support so many, and contribute so much to others in our lives. Yet, with all that effort, energy, love and investment in our work, families, church, and community we often feel disconnected, unappreciated…and worn out!
Come and join us as we look at a new way of interacting…with ourselves. Most women have a difficult time being compassionate with themselves. You will learn simple, practical ways to turn your inner critic into a compassionate friend. $5 for each session, $15 for all three. You can come to any or all of these sessions, and can just show up.
I’ll let you know about more events to follow 🙂
3. I just did a radio interview with Jodie Stevens at “The Fish” 103.9FM yesterday (Sacramento radio show). Snippets will be played on her morning show (6 – 10am) starting next Monday (6/22) and will run for two weeks. Once I get the mp3 recordings I’ll share them with you.
So…Here’s the Latest! I hope this book is a blessing to you and draws you closer to a compassionate relationship with yourself! Don’t forget the truth below!
Please click the “Plus Button” below to forward to a friend you know could use this encouragement too.
I’d love you to share any comments, questions, or additional helpful ideas below that you’d like to share with our developing community.